Registration for the International Society for Neuroethology ICN 2018 is now open. Delegates may register for the Congress in full as per the categories and rates outlined below.Register now
How to Register
Registration can be submitted by completing the online form above. Registration must be completed by 28 March 2018 to incur the early bird rates. After this date the rates will increase as per the table below.
All fees are quoted in Australian dollars and are inclusive of 10% Goods and Service Tax (GST). Please note that the Welcome Reception and ICN Congress Banquet are included in the registration rates below.
|Registration Type||Early Bird
Before 28 March 2018
After 28 March 2018
|ISN member rate*||AUD $650||USD $485||AUD $850||USD $635|
|Non-member||AUD $700||USD $522||AUD $900||USD $672|
|Student member||AUD $550||USD $410||AUD $550||USD $410|
|Student non-member||AUD $600||USD $448||AUD $600||USD $448|
|Day Registration||AUD $150||USD $115||AUD $150||USD $115|
*If you are planning to attend both the ICN2018 Congress and an official ICN2018 satellite meeting, registration discounts may apply. If you have successfully registered for a satellite meeting, you will be entitled to register at the ISN member rates. Please choose the appropriate registration category when completing your online registration. Please note your satellite meeting registration will be verified.
US dollar price as at time of conversion. This price may fluctuate.
*To be eligible for the ISN Member rates you must be a Member of the International Society for Neuroethology. To become a member, receiving the member rate discount, before registering please visit https://www.neuroethology.org/ebusISNE/MEMBERSHIP.aspx
Full Registration Entitlements
- Admission to all Congress sessions
- Admission to the Congress exhibition
- Ticket to the Welcome Reception*
- Ticket to the Congress Banquet*
- Opportunity to purchase a ticket to the ICN2018 Delegate Tour
- Approved delegate materials
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea daily
*Please indicate attendance via the registration form
A ticket to the Welcome Reception and Congress Banquet are included with a full registration as per the details below. Please indicate your attendance at any of the social functions at the time of registration. Additional guest tickets can also be purchased.
Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre (BCEC) – Sunday 15 July 2018
- Inclusive ticket for full registration delegates
- Additional ticket for partners – AUD 75 per person
Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre – Friday 20 July 2018
- Inclusive ticket for full registration delegates
- Additional Tickets for partners – AUD 125 per person
ICN2018 Delegate Tour
Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary – Wednesday 17 July 2018
- Tickets - AUD 75 per person
For more information on the ICN2018 Delegate Tour please click here.
Go Event Travel Card
ICN2018 delegates have the opportunity to purchase a Go Event Travel Card for ease of travel on the Brisbane public transport network. The Go Event Travel Card is specifically designed for conference delegates and allows delegates to pre purchase cards for unlimited zone travel throughout Brisbane during the Congress.
You can purchase your Go Event Travel Card through the online registration form. Your Go Event Travel card will be available for collection along with your name tag on site at ICN2018.
- It’s valid across all TransLink zones in South East Queensland including Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast regions.
- Travel days can be used non-consecutively
- Unlimited travel
- No cash required, easy card touch on/off to electronic card reader
- Bus services from Coolangatta Airport on the Gold Coast are included.
- dedicated 24/7 call centre, user guide, comprehensive website and an extensive bus, train*, ferry and tram network
How does it work?
- Simply touch your card to a card reader at the start and end of their journey
- Travel as often as you like on buses, trains, trams and ferries
- There’s no need to worry about calculating fares or loading money onto the card
|Go Access Travel Card Type||Cost|
|3 day unlimited travel card||AUD 17 per person|
|4 day unlimited travel card||AUD 21 per person|
|5 day unlimited travel card||AUD 25 per person|
|6 day unlimited travel card||AUD 29 per person|
|7 day unlimited travel card||AUD 33 per person|
|8 day unlimited travel card||AUD 37 per person|
Accommodation cancellation date: 31 May 2018
The ICN 2018 Secretariat has confirmed rooms at nearby hotels for the benefit of Congress participants. You are encouraged to secure your accommodation when you register to ensure that you receive competitive rates, negotiated for the Congress. Accommodation can be booked via the registration form; please see the Accommodation page for more information.
Method of Payment
Registration can only be confirmed once payment is received.
Payment can be made by any of the following methods:
- Credit card: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Diners Club are accepted. If you are making a credit card payment from a country outside Australia, for security reasons you must first advise your banking institution of the impending charge and authorise them to allow the charge to Australia to go through. Please note that charges to your credit card will appear as being from "ICMS Australasia Pty Ltd" on your bank statement.
- Bank transfer: Please include your surname in the transfer and fax or email the transfer receipt (remittance) to the Secretariat email@example.com
- Cheque / Bank draft: Made payable to the International Congress of Neuroethology 2018 (ICN 2018). Payment must be made in Australian dollars and free of all charges.
Early Bird Closes: 28 March 2018
Registrations received up to the 28 March 2018 deadline must be paid in full in order to receive the early bird registration rate.
Registration Cancellation Policy
Deadline: 15 June 2018
Cancellations must be notified in writing (e-mail is sufficient) to the Congress Secretariat. Cancellations made by 15 June 2018 will result in a full refund less AUD150 to cover administration costs. As an alternative to cancellation, your registration may be transferred to another person by 15 June 2018 without incurring any cost penalty. Refunds for cancellations received after 15 June 2018 will only be made in exceptional circumstances. Failure to obtain the appropriate visa to travel to Australia does not constitute a refund. The Congress Secretariat must be advised in writing of any alterations or transfers.
All best endeavours will be made to present the program as printed on this website. The Congress and its agents reserve the right to alter without prior notice, any of the arrangements, timetables, plans or other items relating to the meeting, for any cause beyond its reasonable control. The Organising Committee and the Congress Organisers are not liable for any loss or inconvenience caused as a result of such alteration. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Organising Committee and the Congress Organisers do not accept responsibility for loss of monies caused by delays. Participants are advised to take out personal travel insurance and to extend their policy to cover personal possessions. The Congress does not cover individuals against cancellations of bookings or theft or damage to belongings.
Please direct all registration enquiries to:
Registration & Accommodation
PO Box 3599
Brisbane Qld 4101
Ph:: +61 (0) 7 3255 1002
Fax: +61 (0) 7 3255 1004